Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chodesh Nissan: Bouyant Freedom

This is one of the first SoulCollage cards I ever made (nearly 3 years ago).
Her message continues to unfold for me, changing as I do.

Her original name was Weightless-But as in the Torah, when transformation happens, names change too.

Her new name is Bouyant Freedom.

In this moment it seems a perfect image for a rapidly approaching Chodesh Nisan-
the month of renewal and freedom-releasing what is old and birthing what is new- supported by what we have learned. This is a continuous theme in the Jewish life cycle, moment-to-moment, Shabbat-to-Shabbat, Month-to-Month, throughout the Holy-day cycle and the life cycle.

Here is today’s reading of this card as I am poised to cross the Sea of Reeds:

Who are you?
I am the one who is wizened and old,
gnarled by a year of toil.
I am the one shedding old skin-
Rising, flowing out of the birthing waters into a freedom I have longed for
these cold winter months.
I am the one who is open and free…filled with wonder at the miracle of being born yet again…floating, rising to a world that calls my name.

What do you have to give me?
I offer you a buoyant salty sea…may the tears of this years harshness carry you/me to new awareness.

What do you want from me?
I want you to allow the salt water to cleanse and soften our skin as we rise; so that my deep learning will have meaning through your life this coming year.

Is there anything else you want to tell me?
Love this embodiment of freedom. It might at first seem fleeting…but it will always return again.

1 comment:

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous posts you have going on in your blog spaces, lots of good things to think about, thanks for sharing.