Friday, September 26, 2008

Elul: Opening to Worlds of Learning


Who are you?
I am the one who…
Learns from many sources.
Nature…books…my own home-grown experiences. I am the one who is like a child with wide eyes…discovering through, sight, touch, sound and scent. I am the one who hungers for more than knowledge alone…I am the one in search of wisdom.

What do you have to give me?
I give you trust and encouragement. I give you the desire to make good choices. I give you open doors and a world of possibilities to step out into and bring home to your inner world.

What do you want from me?
I want you to see what is really in front of you. Hear the sounds. Take in the aroma and taste of ancient knowledge and wisdom that has been offered to you. I wan you to apply what you learn to bring peace into all the worlds. I want you to sit with the open face of a child, awed by all there is to learn and witness…the small things, the grand things all of it.

Is there anything else you want to tell me?
BE connected with that pure child who rests within you. She has a great deal to teach as well. Not everything you need to know and understand comes from outside of your skin. Respect what her small voice says. She is one of great wisdom too.

Title: Opening to Worlds of Learning

May this be a year of receiving deep Torah.

No comments: